If during installation of the FoxPro database driver (MSI file), you get an
"Internal Error 2738" on a Windows Vista system, the following will resolve that
- Determine where the file "vbscript.dll" resides on your machine.
Check the "c:\windows\system32"
- Go to "Start", "Accessories" and right click on "Command Prompt".
Then select "Run as Administrator".
- In the "Command Prompt" window, enter the following command (without
the quote marks)... "cd c:\windows\system32" and press enter.
(Substitute the "path" value to the location where "vbscript.dll"
resides on your machine)
- Now enter (without quotes) the command "regsvr32 vbscript.dll" and
press enter. This "registers" the Visual Basic scripting language
to your machine, for some reason on SOME Vista systems this has not been
- You should now be able to run the MSI file to successfully install
the Foxpro driver.